What Is Ellanse, and How Does It Work?
Ellanse is a modern contouring product that provides a long-lasting cosmetic effect. It is produced as special fillers – sterile self-absorbable dermal fillers made of medical suture material. Ellanse manufacturer is a Dutch medical corporation, AQTIS MEDICAL B.V., and the product itself is based on a patented innovative technology called StaT Technology.
Ellanse is made of a synthetic material called Polycaprolactone (PCL), a biodegradable and biocompatible polymer. PCL has been used safely in medical devices and implants for many years. When used in Ellanse, PCL is suspended in a gel carrier made of carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and glycerol.
The PCL particles in Ellanse form a scaffold that supports and lifts the skin, filling in wrinkles and deep folds. The body gradually absorbs the PCL particles, but the scaffold remains, stimulating natural collagen production. This collagen production helps maintain the lift and volume achieved by the PCL scaffold, resulting in a longer-lasting effect than other fillers.
Ellanse is specifically designed to slowly break down and be assimilated by the body, ultimately leaving only the body’s natural collagen.
What Is Ellanse Used For?
Although the composition of the new generation contouring filler Ellanse is fundamentally different from the well-known hyaluronic acid-based fillers, it is used for the same tasks:
- Perfectly fills wrinkles from the inside;
- Smoothes the skin and eliminates skin break-outs;
- Alleviates skin after scarring;
- Corrects lip shape and bridge of the nose;
- Improves facial oval, cheekbone shape, and looks of nasolacrimal furrows.
If you are a practicing cosmetologist or represent a clinic, visit our website. Med Supply Solutions is a reliable Ellanse supplier, providing high-class service and competitive Ellanse prices.
How Long Does Ellanse Last?
Instead of the commonly used hyaluronic acid, it contains another substance – Polycaprolactone. It is a prolonged action, self-absorbable thermal implant. Although Polycaprolactone is a well-known biodegradable suture material in medicine, it is a relatively new addition to cosmetology. Like hyaluronic acid, Polycaprolactone is excreted from the body, but its fundamental difference is that this process is much slower.
Fillers are available in several types: S, M, L, and E. They differ in the duration of the cosmetic effect:
- Ellanse S – up to 12 months;
- Ellanse M – up to 20 months;
- Ellanse L – up to 30 months;
- Ellanse E – up to 48 months.
Is Ellanse Safe?
Ellanse is considered safe when used by a qualified and experienced medical practitioner. Clinical studies support the safety of Ellanse, and it has been approved for use in many countries.
However, as with any invasive treatment, there are some risks and potential side effects associated with Ellanse injections.
To minimize the risks associated with treatment, it is crucial to choose a qualified and experienced medical practitioner, familiar with the proper injection technique, and who uses high-quality, sterile products from a reliable Ellanse wholesaler. Furthermore, it is essential to discuss any potential risks and side effects with your medical practitioner before undergoing treatment, and to follow all post-treatment instructions to ensure the best possible outcome.
Some of the main benefits of Ellanse include:
- Rapid wrinkle correction in a single injection;
- 3.5 years of cosmetic effects after treatment;
- The product has passed laboratory and clinical tests, which have confirmed its quality assurance and compliance with all international requirements;
- Ellanse ingredients have been tested by years of application and are safe;
- Composition is fully biodegradable and has optimal viscosity, allowing painless injections and smooth distribution of the filler;
- No need to perform preliminary allergy tests.
When using Ellanse contouring agent, each client is given an individual treatment course, and their wishes are always considered. Compared to other medications, this product’s cosmetic effect lasts longer, a crucial factor in today’s market. Just one injection is enough.
Ellanse Treatment Reviews
Most reviews of Ellanse gel are positive, with many long-term visual effects noted. These include; increased skin elasticity, reinforcement of the injection zones, improved facial tone, and even deep wrinkles and folds that are smoothed.
It allows patients to avoid visiting a cosmetologist for regular additional corrections, saving time and money.
Ellanse Side Effects
Ellanse can cause side effects like all injectable dermal fillers, although not everyone experiences them. Common side effects of Ellanse may include:
- Pain or discomfort at the injection site;
- Lumps or nodules under the skin;
Mentioned side effects are usually mild, temporary, and typically resolve within a few days to a week after treatment.
After using Ellanse, patients should:
- Avoid using make-up for the first 12 hours after the procedure and do not apply ice or cool compresses for the first 24 hours.
- Refrain from long conversations, emotional facial expressions, and laughter.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and other activities that cause sweating for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, and extreme temperatures (hot or cold) for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid alcohol or blood-thinning medications for at least 24 hours after treatment, as they can increase the risk of bruising and swelling.
- Do not massage the injection area, even if the skin has lost sensitivity: temporary numbness will soon subside.
What Is Ellanse Made Of?
The composition of Ellanse Gel combines two ingredients:
- 30% Polycaprolactone. The constituent of medical sutures.
- 70% – Carboxymethylcellulose. An aqueous solution that provides a better distribution of substances in the tissues.
Need help finding Ellansé or another type of product?
Let us find the best deals for you!
If you cannot find what you need in our extensive product catalog, we can help source any medical or aesthetic product for you. Simply use our product request form or speak to one of our expert purchasing agents and start saving today!
Showing all 4 results