What Is Restylane, and How Does It Work?
The well-known hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler line Restylane is produced by Galderma S.A., an independent Swiss pharmaceutical company founded in 1981. Restylane was developed and manufactured in 1996, marking over 25 years of continuous production and development for this famous product line. Every time you buy Restylane online, you are purchasing a product with a long-standing tradition and exceptional quality.
Galderma utilizes two advanced technologies: NASHA and XpresHAn, to enhance its range of aesthetic treatments. NASHA, a patented non-animal stabilized HA technology, provides reliable and safe results with its precise, firmer gel texture, ideal for achieving a more pronounced lift and targeted product integration.
XpresHAn Technology is specifically designed to maintain natural movement and expression with its soft gel texture and high flexibility that seamlessly integrate into the tissue. Thanks to them, Restylane can effectively mimic natural hyaluronic acid with minimal crosslinking and offer a comprehensive solution for dynamic facial areas, allowing for precise and natural-looking outcomes.
The main Restylane ingredient is HA. It’s a naturally occurring substance in the body that plays a vital role in maintaining moisture and elasticity in the skin. Restylane fillers work by injecting a gel-like formulation of HA into the targeted areas of the face.
Once injected, the HA molecules attract and bind to water molecules in the skin, creating a volumizing effect. This helps restore lost volume in areas that have experienced volume depletion due to aging or environmental damage. Additionally, the presence of HA enhances hydration, improving the skin’s overall texture and elasticity. HA fillers also promote collagen production in the treated areas. By stimulating collagen synthesis, they contribute to the rejuvenation and firmness of the skin over time.
The results of HA fillers are immediate and can last for several months before gradual absorption occurs. The duration of the effects depends on various factors, including the specific product used, the treatment area, and individual metabolism.
What Is Restylane Used For?
Restylane’s manufacturer offers a comprehensive range of products designed for every area of the face. It can be used for lip augmentation, smoothing out facial wrinkles and folds, enhancing cheek contours, improving under-eye hollows, and restoring lost volume in areas such as the temples or chin. With its proven track record and efficacy, Restylane provides healthcare professionals with a trusted solution to help patients achieve natural-looking results and enhance their overall facial appearance.
How Long Does Restylane Last?
This varies depending on the specific product used and individual factors. It’s important to note that Restylane is a temporary solution, as the body eventually metabolizes the hyaluronic acid over time. On average, Restylane treatments can provide results that last from 6 to 18 months, allowing patients to enjoy their refreshed appearance for a significant duration before needing additional treatments.
Is Restylane Safe?
Absolutely. Restylane was the first HA dermal filler to receive FDA approval, and it has also obtained approval from the EU and Chinese regulatory authorities. It’s considered a standard against which all other HAs are measured.
With its global presence in over 70 countries and global popularity, fake and counterfeit Restylane fillers aren’t anything new. So it is crucial to ensure that you purchase your supplies from a trusted Restylane wholesaler like Med Supply Solutions to ensure the product’s authenticity and quality.
Restylane is known for effectively addressing a wide range of facial concerns and providing customized treatments that cater to individual aesthetic goals. These benefits are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the remarkable advantages of Restylane. Let’s dive in and explore its exceptional benefits:
- Quick: Restylane treatments are performed relatively quickly, allowing for minimal disruption to your daily routine.
- Non-surgical: Restylane is a non-surgical option, providing a minimally invasive approach to achieving your desired aesthetic results.
- Natural-looking results: Restylane provides subtle and natural-looking enhancements, allowing for a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance.
- Customizable treatments: With various formulations and product options, Restylane treatments can be customized and combined with other procedures to meet individual aesthetic goals and needs. Restaylane’s price will change per patient depending on how much work is necessary to achieve their goals.
- Long-lasting effects: Depending on the specific product and individual factors, Restylane treatments can provide results that last anywhere from 6 to 18 months.
- FDA-approved: Restylane is the first hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler to receive FDA approval and a benchmark for all other HA dermal fillers.
- Minimal downtime: Restylane treatments typically involve minimal downtime, allowing individuals to resume regular activities immediately after the procedure.
Restylane Side Effects
Restylane has many fantastic benefits. However, it’s important to be aware that it also has potential side effects. These side effects are:
Swelling: Mild to moderate swelling in the treated area is common after Restylane injections. It usually resolves within a few days.
Bruising: Some individuals may experience bruising at the injection site. This is typically temporary and fades within a week or two.
Allergic reactions: While rare, allergic reactions to Restylane ingredients, mainly HA, can still occur. Symptoms may include severe swelling, itching, hives, or difficulty breathing.
Redness and tenderness: The treated area may appear red and feel tender immediately after the procedure. These symptoms are usually mild and subside quickly.
Itching or discomfort: Itching or a mild sense of discomfort may occur temporarily at the injection site.
Nodules or lumps: Rarely, small nodules or lumps may develop at the injection site. These are usually temporary and resolve on their own.
Headache: Some individuals may experience a mild headache after Restylane injections. This is usually temporary and can be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers.
Infection: Although rare, there is a small risk of infection at the injection site.
Restylane shouldn’t be used by people under the age of 22. It should also be avoided by those allergic to gram-positive bacteria, patients with bleeding disorders, those using blood-thinning medications, or pregnant or breastfeeding patients.
Even the most skilled medical practitioner, relying on a reputable Restylane supplier like Med Supply Solutions, can’t guarantee a successful outcome if the patient neglects the crucial aftercare instructions. It’s essential to instruct patients to adhere to the following post-treatment instructions:
- Advise patients to avoid touching or applying pressure to the treated area for the first 24 hours to promote proper healing.
- Suggest using cold compresses or ice packs on the treated area to alleviate swelling and provide relief. The patient shouldn’t apply ice directly to the skin.
- Encourage patients to minimize strenuous physical activity and exercise for the first 24 to 48 hours to reduce the risk of swelling and discomfort.
- Instruct patients to abstain from applying makeup to the treated area for 24 hours to prevent potential irritation.
- Emphasize the importance of avoiding exposure to excessive heat or sunlight, such as saunas, steam rooms, and prolonged sun exposure, as it may impede the healing process.
- Patients should refrain from consuming alcohol, smoking, and blood-thinning medications for at least 24 to 48 hours before and after the procedure to minimize the likelihood of bruising.
What Is Restylane Made Of?
The FDA’s Restylane review concluded that the product contains a gel of HA created from Streptococcus bacteria, crosslinked in butanediol diglycidyl ether (BDDE), and stabilized in phosphate-buffered saline. All products in the Restylane line, except the original Restylane, also contain 0.3% lidocaine.
Lidocaine is a local anesthetic that is added to enhance patient comfort during the treatment process. It helps to numb the area, reducing any potential pain or discomfort. It’s important to note that while lidocaine is well-tolerated by most individuals, there is a small possibility of an allergic reaction. Patients with a known allergy to lidocaine or related substances should be treated only with the primary Restylane product.
Need help finding Restylane or another type of product?
Let us find the best deals for you!
If you cannot find what you need in our extensive product catalog, we can help source any medical or aesthetic product for you. Simply use our product request form or speak to one of our expert purchasing agents and start saving today!
Showing all 11 results