What Is Surgiderm, and How Does It Work?
Surgiderm is a popular European hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler manufactured by the French laboratory Corneal Group. Since 2006, they have been part of the well-known Allergan pharmaceutical company.
Surgiderm fillers are composed of non-animal stabilized HA, produced through the bacterial fermentation of streptococci bacteria, which is then cross-linked using 3D Hyaluronic Acid Matrix Technology. The process of cross-linking involves chemically bonding the HA molecules, creating a more robust and longer-lasting gel; this enhances the filler’s stability and resistance to degradation, leading to extended results and a smoother, more natural appearance when used in dermal fillers.
The filler is immensely popular in Europe, especially in the UK and France. If you want to buy Surgiderm online and try it in your clinic, you’re in the right place.
Surgiderm HA filler works like any other HA filler. It replenishes the skin’s depleted HA reserves, which attract and retain water molecules, adding volume and hydration to the area. This process smooths wrinkles and fine lines, restores facial contours, and enhances the skin’s overall appearance. The unique cross-linking process used for Surgiderm gives it a slight advantage over the other filler lines as it allows the filler (depending on the specific product) to be injected in all three layers of the skin and to last on average up to one year before a touch-up would be required.
What Is Surgiderm Used For?
The Surgiderm product line offers a range of formulations tailored to address specific skin concerns. Let Med Supply Solutions be your trusted Surgiderm supplier, guiding you to find the perfect match for your needs.
Surgiderm 18 is ideal for fine lines like laughter lines and perioral lines. Surgiderm 24 XP effectively targets deep lines and wrinkles, including enhancing the vermilion border. Surgiderm 30 is suitable for treating deep lines and depressions. Surgiderm 30 XP is designed for medium-deep skin depressions and volume enhancement. Surgilips is perfect for lip augmentation and perioral lines. Lastly, Surgilift Plus replenishes lost hyaluronic acid, enhancing elasticity and tone in the face, neck, décolletage, and hands.
How Long Does Surgiderm Last?
The duration of Surgiderm’s effects varies depending on the specific product used and individual factors. Thanks to Surgiderm’s ingredients and technology, fillers can last from 9 to 12 months before a touch-up might be required. It’s important to note that while the results are long-lasting, Surgiderm fillers, like any other HA filler, are temporary and will eventually be metabolized by the body. Regular touch-ups are recommended to maintain the patient’s desired outcome and keep the skin looking youthful and rejuvenated.
Is Surgiderm Safe?
The product is as safe as any other HA dermal filler currently on the market. The only difference between Surgiderm and other fillers is the cross-linking technology used. The method of obtaining HA remains the same as most other filler manufacturers. However, it’s worth noting that a very small percentage of manufacturers still use animal-sourced HA.
Surgiderm’s primary market is Europe; therefore, it has the Conformité Européenne (CE) mark required by any product sold in the European Union (EU). It doesn’t have FDA approval, as Surgiderm’s manufacturer has never applied for it.
From reducing wrinkles to restoring volume, Surgiderm offers a range of remarkable benefits, not limited just to its results but to the treatment as a whole. Those benefits are:
- Natural-looking results: Surgiderm provides smooth and natural-looking results, enhancing facial features without an overdone appearance.
- Long-lasting effects: The cross-linking technology in Surgiderm extends the duration of the results, with effects lasting up to 9 to 12 months.
- Versatility: Surgiderm offers a range of formulations tailored to address specific skin concerns, from fine lines to deep wrinkles and volume loss.
- Non-invasive: As a dermal filler, Surgiderm involves non-surgical injections, leading to minimal downtime and a quick recovery.
- Safe and effective: Being an HA-based filler, Surgiderm is considered safe for most patients and is widely used by medical professionals for facial rejuvenation.
- Gradual and customizable: The treatment can be tailored to achieve the patient’s desired outcome, allowing for gradual adjustments during the procedure, and it can be combined with other treatments.
- Little to no downtime: Patients can usually resume their regular activities shortly after the treatment.
- Reversible: If there are any concerns or issues, HA fillers like Surgiderm can be partially or fully reversed using hyaluronidase injections.
Surgiderm Side Effects
No medical or cosmetic product is without side effects. The Surgiderm manufacturer warns that the following side effects can occur:
- Injection site pain: Some patients may experience mild discomfort or tenderness at the injection site, which typically subsides shortly after the procedure.
- Swelling: Temporary swelling can occur after the treatment, but it usually resolves within a few days, revealing the final results.
- Bruising: Occasionally, minor bruising may occur around the injection site, but it typically fades over time.
- Redness: Some patients might notice slight redness or discoloration at the treated area, which should diminish shortly after the procedure.
- Allergic reaction: While rare, allergic reactions may occur in some individuals. Be sure to check the patient’s medical history for signs of an allergic reaction to HA or other ingredients.
- Granuloma: In rare cases, small nodules known as granulomas may form under the skin at the injection site.
- Necrosis: Extremely rare, but potential skin cell damage (necrosis) might occur if the filler disrupts blood flow.
Like any other dermal filler, clinical Surgiderm studies are not conducted on pregnant and breastfeeding patients, so it’s not considered safe for them to undergo HA dermal filler treatment. People with hypertrophic scarring and HA allergies should also avoid this treatment.
While the procedure is quick and virtually painless, there are some aftercare steps patients need to follow to ensure optimal results. They are as follows:
Emphasize no touching: Instruct patients to refrain from touching or rubbing the injected area to reduce the risk of infection and prevent filler displacement.
Recommend a cold compress: Suggest applying a cold compress to minimize swelling and bruising at short intervals for the first 24 hours after the procedure. They shouldn’t apply ice directly to the skin.
Recommend limited physical activity: It is recommended to avoid vigorous exercise and sweat-inducing activities for at least 24 to 48 hours post-treatment.
Promote hydration: Encourage patients to stay well-hydrated at all times, as it supports overall skin health and plays a crucial role in maintaining the filler’s hydration. Hyaluronic acid, the main ingredient in Surgiderm, thrives in a hydrated environment, ensuring optimal integration and long-lasting results.
Stress sun protection: Educate patients on protecting the treated area from direct sunlight and using high SPF sunscreen for filler longevity. They should avoid spas and tanning beds for at least 48 hours after the procedure.
Caution on alcohol and medications: Recommend steering clear of alcohol and blood-thinning medications to minimize bruising and swelling for at least 24 to 48 hours post-treatment.
Suggest sleeping position: Recommend sleeping on the back to prevent pressure on the treated area.
What Is Surgiderm Made Of?
Surgiderm is composed of cross-linked hyaluronic acid in various concentrations. It is made synthetically and not derived from animals. It also includes a phosphate buffer to maintain stability. Unlike other popular brands, it doesn’t contain lidocaine, so the use of a numbing cream may be required if the patient is sensitive or afraid of potential pain.
When buying Surgiderm online, it is crucial to choose a trusted wholesale supplier like Med Supply Solutions. This ensures the authenticity and quality of the products, leading to optimal outcomes for your patients.
Need help finding Surgiderm or another type of product?
Let us find the best deals for you!
If you cannot find what you need in our extensive product catalog, we can help source any medical or aesthetic product for you. Simply use our product request form or speak to one of our expert purchasing agents and start saving today!
Showing all 2 results