Rainbow threads are a range of cosmetic threads used in non-surgical aesthetic procedures for facial rejuvenation. These threads are composed of biocompatible materials, most commonly Polydioxanone (PDO), Poly L-lactic Acid (PLLA), and Poly L-lactide-co-ε-caprolactone (PCLA).
Rainbow threads are manufactured to lift, tighten, and rejuvenate the skin by providing structural support and promoting collagen production.
How Do Rainbow Treads Work?
Rainbow threads often address concerns such as sagging skin, wrinkles, and loss of facial volume. They offer a non-surgical alternative to traditional facelift procedures, providing noticeable results with minimal downtime.
Rainbow threads are inserted under the skin using a fine needle in a minimally invasive procedure. Once under the skin, the threads stimulate collagen production, helping improve skin elasticity and firmness.
As the threads gradually dissolve, they are fully absorbed by the body over time. This absorption process stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, crucial components for improving skin texture and firmness, resulting in a more youthful appearance. The newly stimulated collagen helps maintain the lifting and tightening effects, resulting in a more youthful appearance even after the threads are completely dissolved.
These threads come in various types, each with its unique properties and indications:
- Rainbow Mono Threads are smooth threads used for facial contouring and making specific areas firmer.
- Rainbow Screw Threads have a corkscrew shape and provide a more substantial lifting effect.
- Rainbow COG Threads have barbs or hooks along the thread that provide even more significant lift and support.
Rainbow threads’ costs vary between the product range lines, also reflected in their price. The selection of the appropriate thread type depends on the patient’s specific concerns and the areas being treated. Speaking of Rainbow threads’ prices, the Mono line is the most affordable one, while the PCLA Cog line costs the most.
Aside from its tightening properties, Rainbow threads contribute to firmer skin and significantly improve overall skin quality.
They specifically target the SMAS layers to tighten loose skin while promoting skin regeneration and activating the generation of skin proteins like collagen and elastin.
Rainbow threads are particularly effective in addressing the following concerns:
- Deep wrinkles;
- Forehead wrinkles;
- Lip wrinkles;
- Crow’s feet and other signs of aging.
They aid in skin regeneration and prevent wrinkle adhesion, especially in the neck area, where aging is often prominent.
Positive Rainbow threads’ reviews from medical professionals and the excellent results reported by their patients show that this is a very popular and effective product.
How Long Do Rainbow Threads Last?
Although the external impact of polylactic acid may not be immediately visible, it becomes more pronounced within two to four months and reaches its peak around six months after the treatment.
During this period, new collagen fibers are formed in a process known as neocollagenesis as a response to the presence of the threads. Even after the complete resorption of the thread’s microparticles, this natural tissue formation continues, ensuring long-term results. The effects of thread lifting can typically last for a couple of years.
The longevity of Rainbow threads depends on the type of thread used. PDO and PLLA threads typically last 12 to 18 months, while PCLA threads can last more than two years.
The longevity of these threads makes them attractive for patients seeking long-lasting results. However, individual factors such as skin type, lifestyle, and the natural aging process can influence the duration of the effects. Regular maintenance treatments may be recommended to sustain the desired outcome over time.
Discussing the expected duration of results with patients during the consultation is essential for managing their expectations and planning potential future treatments.
Are Rainbow Threads Safe?
Rainbow threads have undergone extensive testing and are certified as class III medical devices under the European Medical Device Directive, carrying the CE mark. These threads have also been subjected to clinical studies to ensure their safety and efficacy.
While these threads are considered safe, it’s important to note that, like any cosmetic procedure, there are several contraindications for this type of treatment, including:
- Oncological and autoimmune diseases;
- Severe allergies;
- Blood clotting disorders;
- Severe skin diseases or inflammations;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
It is recommended to buy Rainbow threads online only from authorized suppliers, such as Med Supply Solutions, who can guarantee the authenticity and quality of the product.
Rainbow Threads Benefits
Rainbow threads offer numerous benefits for thread lifting procedures, making them popular for patients seeking non-surgical facial rejuvenation. Some of the advantages of Rainbow threads include:
- Safety: Rainbow threads are non-immunogenic, biodegradable, and do not accumulate pigments, ensuring their safety for the human body.
- Longevity: With their tissue-repairing effect, Rainbow threads can provide results that last up to two years, reducing the need for frequent maintenance treatments.
- Strict quality standards: The Rainbow series adheres to stringent standards, including KFDA, CE, ISO13485, and GMP, ensuring consistent quality and safety.
- Effectiveness: Rainbow threads exhibit high tensile strength, elasticity, and a strong volumizing and lifting effect, resulting in noticeable facial rejuvenation.
If you are looking for a place to buy them, Med Supply Solutions is an official Rainbow threads supplier and can guarantee that our products are original, safe, and of high quality.
Rainbow Threads Side Effects
Some general potential risks and side effects associated with thread lift procedures using Rainbow threads include:
- Thread migration.
Before proceeding with the procedure, you should also consider the potential disadvantages and contraindications specific to each patient’s unique circumstances.
Rainbow Threads Aftercare
Following a Rainbow threads treatment, proper aftercare is essential in ensuring optimal results and minimizing potential complications. Here are some essential aftercare instructions to share with your patients:
- Patients should avoid excessive facial movements and pronounced expressions for the first few weeks after the procedure to help prevent excessive tension on the threads and promote faster healing.
- Wearing a compression mask at night for two weeks can provide additional support and aid in the healing process.
- Saunas, baths, tanning beds, and heat treatments on the treated areas should be avoided for at least a month to prevent any adverse effects on the threads.
- Massages, physiotherapy treatments, and invasive procedures like mesotherapy or injections that can disrupt the skin are banned for two months to allow the threads to settle and integrate properly.
These aftercare instructions may vary depending on individual factors, and it’s important to provide personalized guidance based on the patient’s specific needs and treatment plan.
Need help finding Rainbow or another type of product?
Let us find the best deals for you!
If you cannot find what you need in our extensive product catalog, we can help source any medical or aesthetic product for you. Simply use our product request form or speak to one of our expert purchasing agents and start saving today!
Showing all 9 results